BINGE ON THIS – Healthy, Not Heavy
Think healthy. The fact is, you can easily make a Thanksgiving menu that your gut will be extremely thankful for. Taking away some of the fat and high calorie foods, doesn’t mean taking out the taste. Just cutting down on the damage that’s sure to hit when you cook up the calorie and fat combo you usually do, can do wonders. This year, put away your time worn recipes and hit the computer. Recipes galore. Recipes no one but you, will know are actually good for you. There are platters of turkey day tips to help put a halt to indigestion from an overload of all the things you look forward to and think you are entitled to.
THE BEST KIND OF TRIMMINGS
We’re going to give you a few tips here that could help. You just have to blast the “are you kidding me?” thoughts out of your brain. So here goes:
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast. That way you won’t be as ravenous later.
- Keep the food in the kitchen instead of loading it on the table. People will be more aware (and sometimes even embarrassed) of getting up and down to refill their plates.
- Use smaller plates. The less to give you gerd, and worse, my dear.
- After dinner, try going for a walk instead of diving to the sofa or a comfy chair. Give your food a chance to digest before the half-time show.
- Give your leftovers a makeover. Think of healthier ways to use all the food groaning to break out of your fridge the next day. It’s a lot more sensible than stuffing yourself all over again.
- Get back on track with an exercise routine. And we’re not suggesting an
routine like the Rock lives by. Just something sensible.
THE VERY BEST END OF THE MEAL
Get back all your holiday hormones that are out of whack. Hormones that the Thanksgiving feast put on overload. Hormones that a totally unbalanced meal probably caused your hormones to end up in an unbalanced state. Fortunately for you, Dr. Stephen A. Goldstein at Denver Hormone Health can help. If it has to do with hormones, he’s the specialist to see. With years of experience and expertise, he knows how to get you feeling your best again. He takes simple tests which tell him exactly where your hormones stand and what to do. Then he creates a unique treatment plan to get you back in balance. Make an appointment now.
And celebrate how good he’ll make you feel.