Most commonly associated with intense or prolonged stress, adrenal fatigue can also arise during (or after) acute or chronic infections, especially respiratory infections such as influenza, bronchitis or pneumonia.
Adrenal fatigue can wreak havoc on your life. In the more serious cases, you may have difficulty getting out of bed for more than a few hours per day.
You may also experience changes in your carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. Your fluid and electrolyte balance, heart and cardiovascular system and even sex drive can be negatively effected as well.
What Causes Adrenal Fatigue?
- Imbalanced Hormones
- Poor diet
- Substance Abuse
- Lack of Sleep
- Chronic illness such as bronchitis or pneumonia
Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms:
- You feel tired for no reason
- Imbalanced hormones
- You experience chronic tiredness
- You have difficulty bouncing back from illness or stress
- You have trouble thinking clearly or finishing tasks
- You are feeling overwhelmed and rundown
- You have cravings for salty and/or sweet foods
- You feel more awake and energetic in the evening